Saturday, December 13, 2008

Presentations

I was really happy with the presentations from both days. I was glad to see a variety of different topics that all connected back to topics we have discussed in class. I was glad to see that for the most part no two groups did the same project. One of the projects I found most relative to the class and the Professor's push for creativity was Corey's "The Bishop's Ear" website/blog. That really surprised me when I found out that he was the brains behind the operation. I thought that was a great project that may get overlooked because he didn't have the final presentation most of the class had. I am very pleased with the reactions the groups/presenter have gotten from the rest of the class, and what has happened once the classes have ended. I am glad to see that the groups that have done videos have been able to put their videos on YouTube for others to see; also, I think it is very interesting how the beer Mike Sam and Jeff's group presented on has sold out at Wegman's. It just goes to show that they did a good job marketing the product they presented on. That also entails that people aren't just thinking of the information that gets presented in class but outside as well. I too went to Wegman's to see if I could get ahold of some Flying Dog but was unsuccessful. I do wish I had at least gotten a quick summary of what the other members of the class did their final presentations on just to get a basic idea of what they did and how it could relate to the class. Nothing special but just a quick, "I did this and found that..."

Overall I think the final presentations were a great ending to the class because not only did they relate to the class but they concluded our findings from class readings and discussions.

1 comment:

BG said...

It is good that you point out how we were able to take what is learned inside the classroom in the real world. For example how the Flying Dog Brewery markets their product. As the class progressed I think some people caught on to what Corey and Asa were doing. However there were a handful caught off guard and Corey did a nice job presenting it.