Thursday, September 18, 2008

Class Response

Is being datamined that bad?
Should the government do anything?

I really don't think that datamining is that bad. I guess I don't think it is a big deal because I have nothing to hide, if someone wants to see how many times I go to ESPN.com a day or something like that, then go ahead, go nuts. I don't understand why people make it such a big deal if they have nothing to hide. I think the government should continue datamining for our county's safety. The story about the student having to search how to make a bomb only to have the FBI show up, isn't the only story like that that I have heard. I think its good that they are doing that. I would be pretty upset if there was another terrorist attack one day and after the attack occurred and the government searched the persons computer, that they found out the person who made the bomb looked up how to do so online and just purchased the products online just like that. I feel this process has saved thousands of lives and prevented many attacks, so I see no reason why the government should make any changes.

1 comment:

Becky, Sam, Merel, James, Adrienne, Asa said...

I agree with you that data mining is not bad. I like the face and feel safer to know that the government is monitoring the Internet to help keep the country safe. I thought it was great how the FBI came to the campus of HWS after they suspected some sort of suspicious activity. I believe the FBI has helped many American’s lives by patrolling the internet and targeting the terrorists.

Sam